- Anti-oxidant- Lack of anti-oxidants may increase oxidative stress in the body. Increased oxidative stress is linked to several conditions like damage to vital organs, memory loss etc. Ashwagandha exhibits strong anti-oxidant activity, which helps to decrease oxidative stress
- Stress reliever- Whenever there is an increase in stress, the body releases Cortisol and adrenalin that initiate fight or flight response. This may results in increased heart rate, blood pressure and other symptoms. Ashwagandha helps to control the excessive cortisol secretion therebys relieving stress. Root extract of Withania somnifera
- Immunity booster- Ashwagandha has been found to significantly increase white blood cells (CD4+ T helper cells, CD56+ Natural killer cells) just after 96 hours of consumption. Natural killer cells are also known as the bodys first line of defence.
- Improves cognitive functions- Ashwagandha exhibits neuroprotective action that helps to strengthens the neurons (functional unit of the brain) which can help to improve cognitive functions like learning, concentration, memory etc
- Anti-fatigue Actions- Ashwagandha was found to work at level of mitochondria (powerhouse of the cell). Studies report Ashwagandha enhances the capacity of cells to generate more energy which overall increases the individuals energy and reduces fatigue.