Vandhyatva (infertility) is a condition of one year of intercourse without conception involving a male and a female partner. This health problem is present since ancient period and is increasing with the changing lifestyle. Metabolism, Stress and working pattern with multiple other factors affects the health and motility of spermatozoa leading to abnormalities in the factors which are essential for the conception.
In Ayurveda, Vandhyatva (infertility) is a condition where, due to factors like Sukra Dosha (unhealthy semen), Ativyayama (over exercise), loss of Bala (low strength) and improper Ahara (food) and Vihara (lifestyle) etc., the Beejamsha (spermatozoa and ova) gets defected and finally leads to reduced fertility of Sukradhatu (sperm). This condition is managed with multiple concepts of correcting the states of Dhatu and Doshas. Balya (which increases strength of body), Vrishya (which increase fertility), Brumhana (which nourishes body), Rasayana (nourishing tissues) and Vajeekarana Dravya (increasing sexual potency) are used effectively in improving sexual wellness.
Causes of Infertility
- Changing lifestyle, dietary habits, lack of exercise, obesity and increased anxiety and stress.
- Infertility can be due to male or female factors.
- Infertility in female can be due to abnormalities in reproductive organs like ovary, or fallopian tube, uterine problems etc.
- Male infertility can be due to defected sperm or its abnormal motility. Hormonal imbalance, age and stress also have an impact in reducing fertility.
- Some of the physical causes that reduces fertility are obesity, anemia, drug abuse like cocaine, low testosterone level etc.
Pathological causes like chromosomal disorder, ductus occlusion, infections like mumps etc. also causes infertility.
- In Ayurveda the imbalance in the Doshas and Agni may cause infertility, abnormality in Ritu, Kshetra, Ambu and Beeja hinders the process of conception.
- Obstruction in the normal path of sperm such as obturated hymen, obstruction in cervical canal, absence or infected ovaries, or membranous dysmenorrhea are some other factors responsible for infertility.
Ayurveda Treatment for Infertility
- Treatment can be done by correcting agni(Metabolism) and is planned according to the causative factor. Ayurveda supports health by strengthening body’s own healing system and balancing mechanism.
- The treatment principles of infertility in Ayurveda are, Agni Deepana (increasing the digestive fire) and Ama Pachana (removing the toxic metabolite), Vata Anulomana (correcting the flow of Vata Dosha), Shodhana (cleaning) and releasing the impurities and tension from the body by including Meditation.
- Ayurveda provides complete scientific way of treating and is provened by ages. Instead of trying any Synthetic treatment start treating yourself by the most experienced science.
At Ayur Healing we are giving best infertility treatment by correcting imbalances in your body and letting your body heal itself in minimum expenditure with complete mental balance.